Static analysis of Android applications and SDKs.
Aether is a platform for the static analysis of Android applications and SDKs.
How do you know what a mobile application actually does?
When you don't have the source code of an application or SDK, it is arduous to answer these questions:
- How do I know if a mobile application (or SDK) is acting normally and only does well what it is meant to?
- How do I know what data can be accessed by a mobile application (or an SDK)?
- What are the Android APIs used by a mobile application (or SDK)?
- Are all permissions requested by an application necessary to the only purpose of the application?
- How can I quickly make an inventory of data accessed by the application in order to check its regulatory compliance?
Aether allows you to answer these questions with a snap of your fingers.
Aether provides a detailed analysis of all calls to the Android APIs and a fine analysis of the call graphs of these functions.
Aether allows you to identify potential regulatory compliance issues in your applications, those you outsource or those you use.
With Aether you can get a clear idea about the behavior of an application.
Audit Android SDKs, analyze sensitive actions and types of data accessed before integration into your application.
Analyze and verify that you have mastered all the functionalities of your application and control the list of collected data.
Example of use: you develop an application and want to check the control flow graphs, the entry points, the permissions used, access the documentation of the Android functions called.